Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Update to last night's update :)

I have a new great-niece!  :)  She finally arrived last night, sometime before 8 p.m., weighing 7 pounds, 7 ounces.  Both mother and baby (and dad, lol) are doing well.  And if all continues to go well, she should be home later tonight. Judging from the photos we've seen, she looks a lot like her daddy (Younger Nephew).  :)  

Dh & I had planned to try to go visit her at the hospital this afternoon, as we did when Little Great-Nephew was born, 3+ years ago (at the same hospital).  UNFORTUNATELY -- the tickle that's been in my throat for the past few days decided to turn into a full-blown cold last night  :(   including a stuffy head, drippy nose, cough and fatigue. What timing!!  It's the THIRD cold I've had in the past six months (after 2+ years of relatively good health in the face of a pandemic).  I'm not sure whether it was breakfast at the restaurant on Family Day (what did I tell you? -- every time I let down my guard in a risky situation...) or just being around LGN several times lately (adorable, but undeniably germy/snotty, lol) that did me in. (I suspect the latter...!)  I did take a rapid test yesterday -- which was negative -- but it's still not a good idea to be in this condition around a newborn (particularly one whose parents are as germ & covid-cautious as her parents are), even wearing a mask. 

So I am staying home today, dosing myself with Advil Cold pills, Halls throat lozenges, warm saltwater gargles, essential oils, and plenty of liquids, and hoping this will clear up soon so I can (finally!) go meet my Little Great-Niece.  :)  (Get-well vibes appreciated!)  

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're better soon. Congratulations on your new great-niece. That is super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending get-well vibes. Little kids like LGN are germ factories! I'm glad you're still negative for covid though. Fingers crossed that's not it.

    Congratulations on the little great-niece! And a cousin for LGN. It's lovely news. I'm glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new grand-niece! And I hope you are already feeling all better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! -- as for my cold, I'm still working on it. :p (Second rapid test also negative.) Hope to finally get to see her sometime later next week!

      Delete
  4. Great news she arrived safely! Hope you are well again soon so you can go visit

    ReplyDelete