Sunday, September 2, 2018

Right now

Right now... (an occasional meme, alternating from time to time with "The Current")

Reading:  Currently re-reading "The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society," before I watch the movie version on Netflix. :)  Year-to-date, I've finished 17 books (out of my Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge goal of 24 books, and 2 ahead of "schedule," so far!). 

Recent purchases: 
Watching:  Not much...! (Time to get reacquainted with my Netflix subscription?) Waiting impatiently for the fall season to start, and the return of some old favourites.  Most recent big-screen movie: "Crazy Rich Asians."  Was hoping to see "Operation Finale" this weekend, but alas, it does not seem to be playing anywhere in the GTA yet... :(  

Listening:  No particular music or podcasts that I've been listening to lately... although Aretha Franklin songs have been occupying the soundtrack in my head since her recent passing. 

Following:  "Modern Mrs. Darcy," after many references to her blog by Mel of Stirrup Queens. ALI-themes dominate my blog reader, but I also follow several book-related blogs. :)   

Drinking/Eating:  Way too much at dh's mom's family's annual gathering yesterday.... including speducci, the usual barbecued hamburgers, hot dogs and sausages, bean salad, coleslaw, birthday cake, pasta aglio e olio late in the evening, and lemondrop (vodka) shots. :p  ;)  (The younger generation enthusiastically imbibed all kinds and quantities of shots, but I learned LONG ago -- when I was their age ;)  -- that mixing my drinks -- and indulging in too many of them, lol -- was a sure path to hangovers & other disasters...!)   

Wearing:  Shorts, capris & sleeveless tops, while I still can...!  There was a touch of fall chill in the air the other day -- It's since gotten warmer again, but it was a reminder that September is here, fall is almost officially here, and summer is on the wane... 

I bought a couple of V-neck tie-dyed look T-shirts from American Eagle on sale recently (like this one), and am enjoying wearing those. The colours suit me, and the tie-dye look appeals to the 60s child in me. ;)  

Trying:  To think more before I speak...!  

Buying (besides books, lol):  A new wireless Canon printer to replace my old one, which I loved but is now 10-15 years old & doesn't print colours properly anymore. $129 at Best Buy, but on sale for $39 at Staples. :)   (And I managed to set it up myself, without having to call my sister's tech expert boyfriend!!) (Of course, buying the replacement ink cartridges will cost more than the printer itself....)  

Also: a couple of T-shirts at Zara, and a tube of facial scrub at the Estee Lauder counter (it was gift with purchase time, which I always find irresistible, lol).  

Wanting:  All the new fall books I'm looking forward to reading to be available NOW!!  lol  

Enduring: The crowds of back-to-school shoppers & people cramming activities into the last days of summer vacation, who have been EVERYWHERE this past week, as well as the trickle of back-to-school/off-to-college posts on social media (which will turn into an avalanche on Tuesday after the long weekend...!).  Looking forward to later next week, when things should start to taper off and return to "normal"...! 

Missing: FIL. I know dh especially is feeling at loose ends, since he used to go visit FIL once a week or so on a weekday afternoon (and more frequently as his health declined), in addition to our Saturday night visits several times a month, along with BIL & SIL (and sometimes the nephews).  

Feeling:  Sad that the summer is almost over... and yet relieved, because so much of it sucked. :p  Happy that I'll be seeing my family within just a few weeks (not to mention Paul McCartney, lol).  

Loving:  Our family.  :)  

1 comment:

  1. The podcast Modern Mrs Darcy puts out is pretty good too, if you like podcasts. It's called "What Should I Read Next. "I've heard good things about "Vox"--will be curious your take.

    We are seeing "Operation Finale" tomorrow night...

    ReplyDelete