- Checking my bank accounts this morning and noticing that our chequing account balance was larger than expected. It seems one of our investments did better than usual last year, resulting in an unexpected little windfall that was deposited this morning. :)
- Using some of that surprise bonus money to treat myself this afternoon to a couple of books I've been eyeing at the local mega-bookstore (hardcovers, instead of waiting for the paperbacks).
- Knowing we'll have a nice little financial cushion for the next while, with the possibility of funding a few more fun little "extras."
- Enjoying milder, spring-like temperatures today (+11C -- albeit with grey skies & drizzle) after several days around -20C (colder with windchill!) last week.
- (Finally) Getting out of the house/condo after barely leaving it all last week because of the extreme weather.
- Enjoying a great roast beef dinner from the crockpot/slow cooker last night. (With leftovers to follow!)
- Getting to spend time with Older Nephew's dog on the weekend (BIL & SIL -- the "grandparents" -- were dogsitting). :) Few humans can make you feel consistently loved & appreciated in the same way that a dog can, lol. ;)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.