Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Odds & ends: Recent childless/free reading & listening

  • This past weekend was a long weekend -- Family Day -- here in Ontario. You can read my past whines/rants about Family Day and its wince-inducing name here.  ;)  Thankfully, media coverage was mostly limited to lists of what's open and what's closed and suggestions for fun family activities (which can be difficult enough to read about -- but at least there were no (or few) rhapsodic meditations on the importance of family, etc.).  Dh & I mostly stayed at home to avoid the crowds of parents & kids that we knew would be everywhere. 
  • Between avoiding the mobs of happy families ;) and all the bad weather we've been having lately, I've had the chance to get caught up on some great reading & listening. ;)  A few things I've found:  
  • Today is sunny (but with a cold wind)... but the forecasters are calling for freezing rain (AGAIN) tomorrow night!!  :p   

6 comments:

  1. These are some great resources! I'm glad you had a chance to find them for us :-)

    Here's to better weather and just plain old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great weather we have been having, and everything that has been going on at this busier time of year for us, has meant I haven't managed to keep up with these podcasts etc. Thankfully, I can come back here for the references when I get a moment, because I fully intend to listen. It's so great that so many are now so active in this sphere, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out and for summarizing all the great conversations and posts. So nice to hear all our voices. Takes me back to the podcast we did years ago with Cristy and Mo: https://blog.silentsorority.com/infertility-communitys-black-sheep-women-dont-achieve-motherhood/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that fun?? I can't believe it was that long ago!

      Delete
  4. Dear Loribeth, thank you for sharing all these useful links :-)
    I hope the sun stayed and that you are not too cold!

    ReplyDelete