Monday, April 1, 2019

#MicroblogMondays: Annoying things & small pleasures

Annoying things: 
  • The floaters & flashes from my PVD a few days ago continue. SIL told me she STILL notices them, two years after her own incident. I know things could be much worse, & they will eventually go away (or I will adapt to the point where I don't really notice anymore)... but for now, it is annoying. Sigh...
  • Adding insult to injury, I've been spotting & feeling very tired & totally PMSy all weekend long. (Today is cycle day #111.)  Grrrrr.... 
  • Not just annoying but downright horrifying:  I stepped on the scale today for the first time in more than a month. I was up more than FIVE POUNDS. I'm now at my heaviest weight ever. :(  (I am hoping -- desperately -- that the spotting/PMS has something to do with it -- temporary water retention, etc...) 
  • It poured rain all day Saturday... and then we woke up to (MORE) snow on Sunday morning. Boo, hiss....
Small pleasures: 
  • Finding a good new recipe online for crockpot beef stew for Sunday dinner (yum!). Lots of leftovers for at least one more dinner, too! 
  • Seeing photos from an online friend's reunion with her birth mom & other relatives this weekend. :)  I am so happy for her. :)   
  • Having Older Nephew's dog snuggle up to me on the couch & take a snooze on Saturday night while I stroked his fur.  Love that dog. :)  
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

3 comments:

  1. Small pleasures are important, and so I'm very glad you had a few! (Also, comfort food recipes are so good, aren't they?)

    We had a glorious end of summer perfect weather weekend, then yesterday it teemed down. Boo hiss. I might write about that and what it meant for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on the floaters and pounds, but yay on the new recipe and cuddly critters <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh to floaters, PMS, and poundage... Winter is always a tough time for the pounds. Mmmm love beef stew, such a cozy meal! And snuggly dogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete