Friday, April 12, 2019

Odds & ends on a Friday

  • This is probably the longest silence I've had on this blog in a while (a whole week!!), lol.  All is well. I just ran out of things I wanted to say. That will pass, I'm sure...!  ;)  
    • I just finished another book, for one thing = there will be a review, eventually...!  
  • I missed #MicroblogMondays this week for the first time in a while. My mind just drew a blank as I stared at my screen. Maybe next week...! 
  • My eyes are about the same as they were, I think. Back to the optometrist early next week for another check. But it's been tiring, and frustrating, not being able to do all the things I normally do. (As I posted on Facebook, you never know just how OCD you are until you watch your husband doing (& folding, & putting away) the laundry...!)  
  • Any readers in the vicinity of London, England (or visiting there later this month)? Jessica Hepburn, author of  "The Pursuit of Motherhood" and "21 Miles" -- both of which have been in my TBR pile forever...! -- has organized the third annual Fertility Fest at the Barbican Arts Centre.  Yes -- a festival of the arts, dedicated to all aspects of fertility (including infertility). 
    • Not only that -- there will be an ENTIRE DAY (Saturday, April 27th) of programming devoted to living without children (!).   Chaired by Jody Day of Gateway Women, the "There's More to Life than Children" Day will include an array of both male and female speakers and a special childless/free edition of "Fertility Fight Club."
    • The day will culminate in the premiere of the play "Avalanche," based on the memoir of the same name by Julia Leigh (which I read & reviewed here), starring British actress Maxine Peake (who is herself childless). 
    • Those of us in North America are still only dreaming of an event like this ;)  -- so please, if you can, go for those of us who can't!  :)  (And tell us all about it afterward!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to apologize in advance for the likely rambling nature of my comment. I'm a little bit intoxicated. I can't really handle alcohol since having weight loss surgery lol!

    I've been following you for a long time. (Long enough that when I had my son almost eight years ago, I bought a Classic Pooh diaper bag because it made me think of Katie and smile when I used it.) I wanted to say thank you for sticking around. Your voice is a valuable one. It's been the first time I've ever thought I might need to be done trying. I lost three babies before my son was born and now three after him so far. I am just really burnt out after spending the past eleven years on this and after the deaths of my babies, my grandparents, my cousin's young son, my brother in law, and my first spouse. I really appreciate your experience and your perspective on knowing when to stop. Many hugs offered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you! Your comment totally made my day (especially the part about the diaper bag). :) Although I am sorry you are feeling burnt out. Totally understandable after everything you've been through. <3 I don't think I've been to your blog in quite a while but I promise to pop by to visit soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about you... <3 I'm glad your eyes aren't any worse and I really hope they get better soon. It's so frustrating to not be able to do what we are used to doing.

    That is SO COOL about the Fertility Fest including people like us!! I hope someone goes and tells us every detail so we can live vicariously through their experience. :)

    ReplyDelete