Monday, April 15, 2019

#MicroblogMondays: Heartbroken

I had another post planned for today -- but right now, I am heartbroken & dumbstruck watching the destruction of Notre Dame cathedral in Paris unfolding on my television screen.

I have never been to Paris -- but I don't think you need to have been there to appreciate the enormity of this loss, not just to the city or country, but to the entire world.  :( 

(I've tried to write more, but words seem incredibly futile at a time like this, so I think I will make this a true microblog post (for once!!) & leave it at that... )

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

3 comments:

  1. Totally with you on this - it is so very heartbreaking to watch this destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awful, isn't it. I hope they will be able to restore it, but I haven't actually seen the footage. A good reason to go to Paris to pay homage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Paris a few years ago and saw Notre Dame from the outside but there were long queues that day and we didn't go inside and now I'm kicking myself that we didn't. I felt really sad seeing the footage of it in flames

    ReplyDelete