Monday, March 2, 2020

#MicroblogMondays: Hey, supermodels struggle too

"CBS Sunday Morning" interviewed Paulina Porizkova yesterday morning. She is just a few years younger than I am, and she was always one of my favourite supermodels. She is now 54, almost 55, and (so far) has resisted the siren call of plastic surgery, Botox, etc.  You can see her grey hair & wrinkles... but I think she still looks gorgeous. :)  She talks about aging & how hard it is to be a woman in her 50s (let alone an aging supermodel!). She also talks about her grief over the death of her estranged husband, Ric Ocasek of The Cars, last fall.

I'm now following Paulina on Instagram, where she talks/writes more about these things. I learned there that she's writing a book. Now THAT should be an interesting read!

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

4 comments:

  1. I love when fancy famous people don't go for the plastic surgery and enhancements... that always seems to go poorly in the long run. She's gorgeous! I loved her in a really obscure movie that probably wasn't very good, Her Alibi, with Tom Selleck, forever ago. See, this is the thing about internet-y things, you can find new people to follow and admire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish grey hair and wrinkles looked so good on me! lol I'll check out her Instagram account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked through her instagram and I'm going to follow her too- love her attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...I'm following her on IG now, as well. Going natural is my way, too, and this may make me feel like I've got company. Good company!
    .

    ReplyDelete