Thursday, March 26, 2020

More COVID-19 odds & ends

  • I think the hardest part of this whole coronavirus things (aside from the fear we're going to get it) has been not seeing our adorable Great-Nephew (who is now four months old) for almost three weeks now. :(  They grow & change so much so fast at this age...!  
    • So we've been sending "Post more photos/videos of the baby, damnit!!" vibes (and occasional text requests, lol) to Older Nephew & his wife, lol.  His wife tends to post a lot of stuff to Instagram & Facebook Stories, which is fine (we'll take anything -- beggars can't be choosers, lol), except that they DISAPPEAR after 24 hours. So for those 24 hours, we binge-watch those precious short little clips - over and over and over again (dh especially does this). We've learned to take screen shots with our cellphones, which helps capture some of these moments for longer-term viewing -- but they don't necessarily do a great job when it comes to video. 
    • Older Nephew's wife posted a killer video this afternoon:  Little Great-Nephew looking up at her (Mommy) while she's looking at the camera. Then she looks down at Little Great-Nephew... and he smiles happily and kicks his little feet.  
    • IT KILLS ME. First because he's so frickin' cute and I MISS HIM SO MUCH... and second (of course) because I will never, ever have a child look at me that way... another reminder of what I've missed out on. :( 
    • His other grandmother (the one he's not living with -- i.e., Older Nephew's wife's mother) hasn't seen him since this all started either, and I guess it's killing her too. :(   
    • I have a few things I bought for him for Easter before all this madness started (an Easter-themed onesie, a little board book, a stuffed chick that's safe for all ages)(I'll buy him chocolate when he's older & actually able to eat it, lol). If it gets close to Easter and restrictions are still in place (and I'm pretty sure they will be), we're thinking of driving over & leaving the bag on the porch for them to pick up. And maybe ask them to bring Great-Nephew over to the window so we can wave at him and get in a bit of a fix. ;)  
    • I miss the dog too. :(  I have a couple of dachshund sites in my social media feeds, and I got almost teary watching a video of a dog who looked just like Older Nephew's.  I suppose we could get some snuggles with the dog in while we're there??  (Dogs don't do social distancing very well, lol.) 
  • Anyone else getting slayed by this particular "stay home" meme that's making the rounds on social media? 

3 comments:

  1. I had to run through the "This little piggy ..." rhyme to get it! lol

    Yes, I can understand that videos with the mom are killing you. I find the children okay - I love them, like you. You've been lucky to have been so near the little guy, but then that also makes the absence that much harder. I still struggle occasionally seeing their interactions with their parents, because that's what we missed out on. So I'm sending safe, virtual hugs in solidarity.

    I think you need a cute dog yourself! Or is that the advantage of the NephewDog? That you can love him and but don't have to take him back home? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. "I think you need a cute dog yourself! Or is that the advantage of the NephewDog? That you can love him and but don't have to take him back home? lol"

      Yep!! lol

      Delete