Monday, March 30, 2020

#MicroblogMondays: Things I've been doing...

...while self-distancing (so far!):
  • Watching WAY too much cable news...!!  (CNN, CBC News Network, CTV News Channel).
  • Crying more than usual over some of the sad stories I've been seeing & reading about, especially the first-person accounts from medical staff.  
  • Listening to Stingray Classic Rock when we need a break from TV. (There's a great deal of comfort to be found in the music of your youth...!) 
  • Spending WAY too much time online (albeit it's a great way to socialize and stay connected with people from a distance...!). 
  • Adding some new apps (see my previous rant, lol) and deleting some others to make room for them... 
  • Working my way through the ever-present magazine pile. 
  • Cleaning up my email inbox & actually reading some of the daily/weekly newsletters I subscribe to. 
  • Trying (but failing) to get to the bottom of my blog reader queue... 
  • Balancing my chequebook register. (Yes, I still keep one... I barely write any cheques these days, but I do still track the debit card purchases, cash machine withdrawals, etc., from my chequing/day-to-day banking account.)(I was exactly $6 out!! Not sure where that missing $6 went to??)  
  • Sorting, filing & shredding accumulated old receipts and bills.  
  • Re-inserting & tightening up a screw that dropped out from the kitchen faucet assembly underneath the sink with a loud CLUNK...! (Got a bit of vertigo after emerging from the cupboard after doing that! :p  ) 
  • Culling my books, which have started to overflow the shelves again (even with double-stacking)... many of them titles that I've managed to buy in e-book format at a deep discount. We've packaged up the culled titles and will take them to the thrift store when it (eventually...!) reopens. (My shelves still look pretty full, though...!) 
  • Scrubbing out the shower cubicle (my least-favourite household chore, I think -- but I can't say I'm "too busy" to do it right now, right??!).  
  • The laundry, more often. (Partly because I insist on washing dh's clothes after he's worn them outside to get groceries, but also just for something to do...?!). 
  • Sending "post some new photos of Great-Nephew" vibes to Older Nephew & his wife, lol.  (There are NEVER enough photos!!)  
  • NOT reading as many books as I thought I would...!  :( 
  • Wondering when I'm going to get to see my family again, and whether we'll be able to take our usual trip west to see them this summer, as planned. :(  
  • Wondering whether the family reunion planned for late July in Minnesota will go ahead, and whether the U.S.-Canada border will reopen in time for us to attend?  :( 
  • Nevertheless feeling lucky that I can hole up here in my cozy condo with dh, my laptop and my books and plenty of food (and toilet paper, lol), and not go out unless absolutely necessary. (Today is day 18... I think??!) 
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

4 comments:

  1. You've been doing well. I've been exercising regularly, thanks to good weather (we're allowed to go out to exercise once a day) and youtube workouts and yoga. Blogging. (Great time to do another blog project.) A bit of cleaning, but it started with enthusiasm last week and has since faded somewhat. But I still have a pile of projects I want/need to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as well as I should. I need to get out walking (while they still let us!) -- I have been avoiding the scale like crazy!! -- but the weather has NOT been cooperating lately...! I've thought about yoga... but that's all I've done, think.

      Delete
  2. You are so productive! I was eyeing the shower stall myself last night. (I've become a night showerer, which I never liked before, but it's one of many weird little shifts happening in this new reality). I hear you on the reading -- I think my brain is so busy with all the stress and the bad news and trying to quell the thought spirals that it makes it hard to concentrate. Trying though! Spending a lot of time on school work. Mopped the crap out of my floors. :) I'm glad you're getting stuff done during this time, especially as it seems to be a GREAT time to do organizing of stuff that's been ignored (just threw out a ton of receipts myself!). Here's hoping we get some sunshine and warmer weather soon, these clouds and colder temps are getting me down. Supposedly later this week it's supposed to improve! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see there is sun in the forecast over the next few days... here's to hoping! (also that it's true on your side of the lake! ;) ) Totally agree that the barrage of bad news & increased social media activity is making it hard to focus.

      Delete