Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 Blogging Year in Review

A hat tip to Mali, whose post "2016: Looking back on the blog" has inspired me to do the same for the past several years. Also to Mel, whose Crème de la Crème lists from 2007 to 2012 prompted me & other bloggers to review our posts from the year past & pick out our favourites to share.  (There was a list in 2006 too, but that was before I started my blog.)  If the Crème de la Crème list still existed, one of these posts would probably be the one I would have submitted. :) ) 

*** *** *** 

2022 on this blog was not quite as prolific as 2021 -- which was my best year ever, in terms of numbers of posts, with 213 -- but it was still pretty good. I will wind up the year with 193 posts (including this one)  :) -- ranking #3 in terms of numbers of total posts for the year (#2 was 2020, with 197). That's an average of 16 posts per month (!) -- basically a post every other day.  My least-chatty month was June, when I posted 12 times;  my most verbose was September, with 20 posts. Not bad, especially after 15 years of blogging!  

I don't check my blog stats very often, but I had a look at the ones for the past 12 months, and (as of this morning), I had 151,000+ views and 472 comments this year (both down from last year). The top-viewed post of 2022  (that was written/posted IN 2022 -- was "She IS "one of us"!!", with 163 views since it was posted late in the year, on Nov. 9th.  

In addition to posts about or related to childless/free issues or other adoption/loss/infertility issues, I tried to do a "Right now" or "The Current" post at the beginning of each month, and participated in 48 #MicroblogMondays this year. I reviewed all 50 books that I read in 2022, and wrote about news items (usually ALI-related) that piqued my interest. I also wrote a lot about other things going on in my life, including aging, retirement, being an auntie & great-auntie, and condo living. There were lots of "odds & ends" posts, as well as lists of recent "small pleasures & annoying things."  And, needless to say, the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic (now in its THIRD year) provided PLENTY of fodder for blogging!! 

Here are a few of my favourite/noteworthy posts from 2022, or ones that say "2022" to me -- in more or less chronological order (from oldest/earliest in 2022 to most recent): 

January: 
February: 
March: 
April: 
  • "Doctor, my eyes" -- A routine visit to the optometrist turns into something more...! 
May: 
June: 
July: 
August: 
September: 
October: 
November: 
December: 
  • "#MicroblogMondays: Last Christmas?" -- Christmas with my aging parents at their house -- possibly for the final time, if my sister gets her way and hosts next year...!  

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Loribeth! So impressed with your writing consistency. Unlike my salad days of blogging several times a week, this past year, I feel prolific when I managed 1-2 posts a month. Will be curious to see if I have more to say in 2023...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so glad you're still writing, Pamela! :) Happy new year to you too! :)

      Delete