- State of the uterus: More spotting (more like faint staining) on Saturday night & Sunday. Cramping overnight Saturday/Sunday and all through the day Sunday. Still spotting a bit today, but feeling better.
- I felt like I was coming down with a cold on Saturday too... thankfully, I'm feeling better now. I want to keep my ultrasound appointment on Thursday, and I can't do that if I'm not feeling well.
- Also in the category of "I'm falling apart": I lost the nail on the little toe of my left foot last week. (Has this ever happened to you??) I had just gotten into bed & I could feel the nail snagging on the sheets. I thought maybe it had chipped, but when I turned on the light to check, the entire nail was coming loose and had almost completely detached. I tugged at it, but it hurt and started to bleed a little, so I just put some polysporin on it, covered it with a bandage and went back to bed. Good thing I did, because apparently you are NOT supposed to just rip it off!
- I had a dim memory of stubbing my toe several weeks earlier (I recall saying to dh, "I wonder if I broke it??") and then forgetting about it after the initial pain subsided -- although I did notice that the nail had turned black at one point, which was kind of disconcerting...!
- I kept dabbing the area with rubbing alcohol &/or polysporin, and covering it with a bandaid, until the nail finally came off a few days ago (after about a week).
- We caved and turned the heat on, Saturday morning. Fall is definitely here!
- December will mark 10 years since the loss of Brooke's first daughter, Eliza. She and her family have come up with a unique way to honour Eliza's memory, and they're inviting us all to participate. Check out her post about this very worthwhile project and think about supporting it!
- (Those of us outside the U.S.: our credit cards apparently do not work on this website :p but you can call or email the store with your order and pay via PayPal.)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.