Monday, October 19, 2020

#MicroblogMondays: Annoying things & small pleasures

Annoying things: 

  • Still spotting. :p  (Going on four weeks now.) And feeling vaguely PMS-y, and tired.  Both dreading & looking forward to my gynecologist appointment on Wednesday, and to getting some possible solutions for getting rid of these fibroids (hopefully for good!). 
  • Another gloomy day outside. It's 10:30 a.m. as I'm typing this and I'm still in my pajamas, which gives you an idea of what kind of day it is and the kind of mood I'm in...! 
  • People who (still!!) aren't taking this pandemic (and the need to wear masks and maintain social distancing) seriously. 
  • The amount of time it's taking me to finish my current book. (It's well-written, but it's about the Trump presidency... need I say more??! lol) 

Small pleasures: 

  • Being able to stay in my PJs until late in the morning (one of the perqs of retirement...!)(not to mention retirement during a pandemic, lol -- not much chance of having people drop by unexpectedly to visit, etc....!). :) 
  • Chatting (via Zoom) with several different groups of ALI & CNBC friends on the weekend.  There is strength & comfort in numbers!!  
  • Also: sitting in on a Zoom discussion about L.M. Montgomery's "The Blue Castle," along with 60+ (!) other LMM academics & "kindred spirits"/fans.  Most of it will be posted on YouTube (although the conversation continued for another half hour or so after the recording was turned off). 
  • Dh surprised me with some Lindor chocolates on his last trip to the grocery store. :) 
  • Admiring the beautiful fall colours in the treetops behind the townhouses in back of our condo building. 

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.  

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, Lindor chocolates. Nice one, DH!

    Small pleasures are good! We went out with friends last night, and they said something about getting to bed early, and we pointed out that we may be poor (or poorer than they are), but we could sleep in this morning!

    Hope you finish your book soon. I'm still reading a book I have had to renew at the library (e-library) twice already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear for Zooming with friends. And hear hear for jammies at 10:30 am -- AND for Lindor chocolate from dh!

    ReplyDelete