- FIL likely has less than a month left, if that. And because he's been sick, I haven't been able to get home this summer to see my own aging parents, for the first time in YEARS.
- Not only that, stepMIL's EX-husband died suddenly two days ago! Two of her kids & a grandson live with her & FIL -- they're expecting FIL to go and here's their own dad suddenly gone first.
- One of my high school friends lost her mom a few weeks ago (just a few days after she'd been there to visit her) & now her dad is in the hospital. She lives in Ontario; they live in British Columbia, and this is the fourth time she's had to travel out there last-minute since May. :(
- Another friend just lost her MIL unexpectedly this morning. :(
- AND -- we are less than two weeks away from Katie's "anniversary" (the one on the paperwork and her niche marker). TWENTY YEARS, you guys!! :(
I don't know why stuff like this always happens all at once, but I wish it would stop... :(