- Getting woken up at 5 a.m. on Sunday by the snowplow, clearing snow from the laneway & parking lot (i.e., directly beneath our bedroom window). :p
- And.... more snow in the forecast for today. Heavy snow, in fact (at least 15-20 cm expected), & continuing on till tomorrow morning. It's already started, and the roads were already slippery when we were out for lunch & groceries earlier. And of course, my first book club meeting at the library is tonight... we'll see... (On the bright side -- no shovelling required!! ;) )
- Wearing a cardigan over my long-sleeved T-shirt, and socks AND slippers on my feet -- and STILL feeling cold (dh, meanwhile, still goes around the condo BAREFOOT...!!). :p
- The lightweight down jacket I bought last winter continues to shed feathers, particularly all over the seat of the car where I sit. :p Perhaps not QUITE as copiously as before, but still enough to be very noticeable. :(
And (for counterbalance) some recent small pleasures: :)
- Getting a haircut on Friday and feeling somewhat less shaggy. :)
- Spending a good part of the weekend on the couch watching some fabulous figure skating (U.S. national and European championships). :)
- Receiving & going through a pile of documents from stepMIL that FIL had been keeping -- including dh's passport -- from 1970!!; funeral cards, the guest book & the bill from his mom's funeral; his parents' marriage certificate, etc. etc....