*** *** ***
As I mentioned in my 2018 year in review post, I published 158 posts last year. In addition to posts about childless/free issues, I tried to do a "Right now" or "The Current" post every month or so, and participated in 47 #MicroblogMondays. I reviewed 25 of the 27 books I read in 2018 (the other two reviews are coming up...!), and wrote about news items (usually ALI-related) that piqued my interest. I also wrote a lot about what was going on my life, some of which touched on aspects of ALI/childless/free living and some that didn't, including aging, (peri)menopause (and Aunt Flo's refusal to JUST GO AWAY ALREADY...!), retirement and life in a condo.
Here are a few of my favourite/noteworthy posts from 2018, in more or less chronological order:
- A life worth living -- A childless life IS worth living.
- Leaving home -- Younger Nephew & his fiancee move away from their parents & in together -- a few blocks away for him, into the basement for her. Their mothers are heartbroken. Aunt Loribeth is bemused. ;)
- Toronto the heartbroken :( -- My city is (sadly) not immune to mass violence. :(
- Social capital, adult friendships and childlessness -- Making & keeping friends is more difficult as a childless adult. :(
- This sucks :( -- FIL's declining health & memories of my pregnancy.
- Deja vu -- Eerie echoes of summer 1998.
- Bye bye, Alan... -- The death of a Bay City Roller. :(
- Happy birthday, Louise Brown -- 40 years of IVF, and a video gathering of childless bloggers/infertility survivors to discuss it.
- #MicroblogMondays: Visitors -- FIL sees dead people.
- It was 20 years ago today... -- Marking 20 years since Katie's stillbirth.
- Love you, Dad -- The death of my FIL.
- #MicroblogMonday: Of coffee cups & caskets -- Saying goodbye to FIL.
- A blast from the past -- An unearthed 25+-year-old note from my great-aunt brings a surge of emotions.
- Memories of campus life -- Christine Blasey Ford's testimony before the Senate committee brings back memories of campus life in the early 1980s.
- #MicroblogMondays: Yeah, I'm amazed... -- Seeing Paul McCartney in concert!
- This blog goes to 11 :) -- My 11th blogoversary!
- Thinking about Christmas -- Thoughts about Christmas, with links to past Christmas-related posts.