- Seeing Little Great-Nephew (soon to be 18 months old) this past weekend (stay-at-home order notwithstanding...) for the first time in over a month, and basking in all the cuteness. :) (It was just BIL & SIL at home with him, the front screen door and balcony doors were both open for air circulation, all the adults have had our first vaccines, and BIL is the only one of us still out working, so we took a calculated risk.)
- Bonus: Seeing the dog too. :)
- Bonus: Getting out of the house!! after spending most of the past month in the house. :p
- Finishing yet another book (reviewed here) and watching my Goodreads Reading Challenge total grow closer to my goal. :)
- Easy crockpot chicken & dumplings (comfort food!) for yesterday's dinner.
- WAY too many grey, dreary, cloudy (sometimes rainy) days lately. :(
- Seeing/reading about fully vaccinated people in the States travelling, venturing out into bars and to places like Disney World and getting to hug their moms on Mother's Day, while things here are (still) in such a mess. :( Those kinds of scenes are still a long way off here...
- Knowing our current stay-at-home order is due to expire on May 20th -- just before our Victoria Day long weekend -- and not trusting our provincial government to make the right call and extend it for another few weeks. :p (New case numbers are starting to decline, but they're still pretty high, and the hospital ICUs are still pretty jammed. I heard an estimate today that it will take something like THREE YEARS to clear up the backlog of surgeries that have been postponed...)
- Coming up to 9 weeks since our last haircuts, and my scraggly hair is starting to get pretty annoying again...
- (I've said it before and I will say it again: Wearing masks everywhere? No problem. Staying home for weeks on end? No problem. Staying away from malls and restaurants for more than a year? Can do! But going without regular haircuts?? Heeellllpppppp....)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.