Saturday, May 15, 2021

"Katherine's Marriage" by D.E. Stevenson (re-read)

My D.E. Stevenson fan group just finished our chapter-by-chapter reading and discussion of "Katherine's Marriage" -- a sequel to "Katherine Wentworth," which we read together last summer (reviewed here and here). As is my usual practice, I read the novel through on my own before we began our discussion (and reviewed it here).  

Our group discussions usually add to my appreciation/understanding of the book -- and that was certainly the case here -- but not enough to raise my previous Goodreads rating of 3 stars. ;)  (Perhaps 3.5?)  Generally, I thought "Katherine Wentworth" was a better book, and I rated that one 3.5, rounded up to 4. 

Our group's next DES novel will be "Summerhills," a sequel to "Amberwell," which we read together last summer (reviews here and here). I very much enjoyed "Amberwell,"and I'm looking forward to reading more about the Ayrton family and what happened to them after the war! 

This was Book #27 read to date in 2021 (and Book #4 finished in May), bringing me to 75% of my 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge goal of 36 books. I am (for the moment, anyway...!) 14 books ahead of schedule. :)  You can find reviews of all my books read to date in 2021 tagged as "2021 books." 

No comments:

Post a Comment