Monday, May 17, 2021

#MicroblogMondays: Small pleasures

(Today, the small pleasures outweigh the annoying things, lol.)  
  • Temperatures in the mid-20sC (low 70sF) -- finally!! 
  • Having the balcony door wide open all day, letting in fresh air and breezes. 
  • Seeing the explosion of green outside -- trees almost fully leafed out, after months of stark, bare branches. 
  • Going without socks inside for the first time in months. 
  • Bringing out my capris and sandals. :) 
    • Trying on the capris -- they still fit!!  (More or less -- cough!!)  ;)  
  • Looking forward to freshly washed windows later this week. :) (The condo board hires window washers every year around this time... I'll still have to do the insides, and the balcony door/window, but I don't mind.) 
  • Knowing that Older Nephew gets his first vaccine today, with his wife, Younger Nephew & his wife all getting theirs over the next week or so. 
  • The prospect of a brief visit with Little Great-Nephew and his grandma later this week. 
  • Being absorbed in a great new book. :)  (Which I will, of course, review here when I'm done.)  ;)  

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.

3 comments:

  1. I love this list and am glad to hear that your small pleasures outweighed the annoying things :-)!

    There is reason for hope that there are better times ahead of us now :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a happy list of pleasures. And I laughed when I read this about pulling on the capris and no socks. Because it was the exact opposite of the week I'd just experienced, with sub-zero temperatures for the first time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents told me that after a few days of +30C heat & humidity last week, they'd had to turn the furnace back on this past weekend because it was so cold again!! (frost warnings) -- go figure! Generally we get whatever weather they've had a few days later -- it's not supposed to be THAT cold, but I'll keep a pair of socks handy, just in case...! ;) (As I often say, there has to be a happy medium...!) It's not unheard of, especially on the Prairies -- there's a rule of thumb that you shouldn't plant your garden until after the Victoria Day long weekend, because of the risk of frost (which a lot of people ignore). But it still seems unfair somehow, lol. ;)

      Delete