Reading: I read five (5) books in January (all good, all reviewed on this blog & tagged "2020 books"):
- "Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy: The Story of Little Women and Why it Still Matters" by Anne Boyd Rioux
- "The Dutch House" by Ann Patchett
- "Impeach" by Neal Katyal
- "Uncanny Valley" by Anna Wiener
- "A Very Stable Genius" by Philip Rucker and Carole Leonnig
Current read(s): Haven't started anything new yet. (But it will probably be a lighter read than "A Very Stable Genius," lol.)
My library book club's January discussion (last week) was for "The Alice Network" by Kate Quinn, which I read & reviewed early in 2019, here. (I just did a quick skim to refresh my memory for our discussion vs a total re-read.) We'll be discussing "A Life in Parts" by the actor Bryan Cranston ("Breaking Bad," "Malcolm in the Middle," etc.) at our next meeting later in February. (That may be the book I pick up next.)
- "The Guilty Feminist" by Deborah Frances-White
We saw four (4) really great movies during January! including:
- "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" on New Year's Day -- a great way to start the new year (as I mentioned in my January "Right Now" post).
- "Little Women," which I saw with SIL (mentioned in my post here).
- "1917" -- beautifully filmed and acted, as I mentioned here. Well deserving of all the Oscar nominations it received.
- "Knives Out" -- a really fun murder mystery with an all-star cast -- the kind of movie they don't make enough of anymore.
NOT watching: The Super Bowl today, lol. (I could honestly care less!) Dh will be watching at a bar in our old community, along with his brother and several of his cousins (including Cousin/Neighbour, who still lives there). (The TV will be MINE tonight, bahahaha....)
Listening: I have LOTS of podcasts in my queue to catch up on...!
Following: My progress (or lack thereof... :p ) on the scale...!
Drinking/Eating: The crockpot/slow cooker is getting lots of use lately. Most frequently used recipes: roast beef & gravy with potatos & veggies, beef stew, chicken & dumplings. :)
Buying (besides books, lol): The occasional box of diapers, and some cute outfits, for little Great-Nephew. :) (What else are (great-)aunties for, right?)
Wearing: Slippers, as well as socks... the laminate floors of our condo get pretty cold in the winter! (I am sure there's a concrete base underneath!)
Wanting: If it has to be winter, can the sun at least shine once in a while? Pretty please??
Trying: To remember to wash my hands more frequently, especially after we've been out & about, in view of the corona virus outbreak (as well as the regular cold & flu season).
Loving: Little Great-Nephew. Anytime we get to see him (generally once every week or so), our day is automatically brightened! :) (Even if he's in a fussy mood, lol -- he's just so darned cute!)
Feeling: Relieved that the cold, grey, post-Christmas letdown of January is over -- albeit not looking forward to February, which is generally more of the same...! :p (At least it's shorter??)(Although this year is a Leap Year, so, one more day than usual...!)